Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Song Daddy Used to Sing

when i was a little kid, i never went to bed unless my dad sung me a song...

"oh give me a home, where the bufallo roam. where the deer and the antelopes play..."

"home on the range" is just actually a kindergarten song but it is the song most dear to my heart… other girls are read books and fairytales by their dad to bed. my dad does that but there’s always that special song. my heart smiles whenever he sings that. now i live miles away from him, i miss him terribly. i tear up inside whenever i recall that song. i hum myself to sleep while thinking of him, wishing of dreaming of him in my sleep… i hate the cold chill i feel as i sleep. i got no one to cuddle me- my dad isn’t there to give me a big hug and sing for me. all i have are enormous pillows to hug, but they’re never enough. i miss my dad so much. i miss the way he makes everyone in the household shake with fear whenever he arrives. i miss the way he reminded me never to get married. i miss the way he nod in every dumb idea i tell. i miss the way he smiles when i hug him. i miss the way he describes how evil boys are. i miss the way he hands me my daily allowance. i miss the way he ask me how my day was. i miss the way he sits with me while watching my cartoons. i miss the way his eyes sparkle when i present to him a good grade. i miss the way he fetch me from place to place. i miss the way he would take me out to dinner every sunday. i miss the way he looks when he is hungry and when he’s full. i miss the way he ask me to be his valentine. i miss the way he looks when he work. i miss the way he tell me those stories in books. i miss the way he gets pissed when i stay up late. i miss the way he makes me laugh. i miss the way he sings me that song… i love you papa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment